Health & Wellness Resources
The following is a listing of available resources to support the health and wellness of our citizens.
Georgia Crisis Hotlines
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- GA CARES Warm Line: 1-844-326-5400
- Peer2Peer Warm Line: 1-888-945-1414
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
- The Crisis Text Line - Free text line that serves anyone, in any type of crisis, providing access to 24/7 support and information via texting. Text HOME to 741-741 from anywhere in the USA or Canada, anytime, about any type of crisis.
- Mesothelioma Hub: Information and proper treatment options for those suffering from mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma.net: Learn about mesothelioma treatments, therapies, research, and the best doctors
- mesotheliomahope.com: Free resources that are reviewed by certified oncologists about mesothelioma.
- www.simmonsfirm.com/mesothelioma/veterans/healthcare-resources/ Learn about some of the best health care resources for veterans.
- https://www.mesothelioma.com/ Get detailed information about the disease, including symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment options, life expectancy and more.
- Stop A Suicide Today - Helpful website that provides suicide prevention information for someone experiencing suicidal thoughts, their friends, and family.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 - This national lifeline provides free confidential support 24/7, 365 to anyone who is suffering from a mental health crisis that involves thoughts of suicide.
- The Summit Wellness Group - An in-depth guide on overdose prevention that includes over 30 different resources. These include emergency service numbers all over the world, signs of an overdose, different types of overdoses, and what to do in the event of an overdose.
- The Georgia Overdose Prevention Project - An advocacy and prevention organization that provides information on Georgia's amnesty laws when it comes to helping an overdose victim as well as providing free naloxone kits to Georgians through the mail.
- Lung cancer is now the most common form of cancer in the world, killing an estimated 1.8 million people in 2018. Yet, most of the public is unaware of the full extent of the disease, the causes and risk factors, or the fact there are different types. To find out more, click here.
- https://gema.georgia.gov/readygov - Ready is a National public service campaign designed to educate and empower Americans to prepare for, respond to and mitigate emergencies, including natural and man-made disasters.
- In The Rooms - Resource for finding virtual Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings 24/7.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Helpful suggestions and resources on finding addiction treatment centers for friends or family members struggling with addiction.
- SAMHSA's Treatment Locator - National treatment locator that lists approved treatment centers.
- https://www.moneygeek.com/financial-planning/resources/guide-financial-recovery-after-addiction/ - Guide to Financial Recovery After Addiction
- https://www.moneygeek.com/insurance/resources/guide-preexisting-mental-health-insurance/ - Preexisting Mental Health Conditions: Insurance Coverage & Finding Treatment
- https://www.moneygeek.com/insurance/auto/resources/dui-prevention/ -
- https://www.moneygeek.com/debt/resources/how-debt-can-harm-your-health/ - Ways to cope when your debt harms your health.
- https://www.moneygeek.com/insurance/resources/guide-preexisting-mental-health-insurance/ - Preexisting Mental Health Conditions: Insurance Coverage & Finding Treatment.
- https://www.moneygeek.com/financial-planning/paying-for-college/student-loans-mental-health/ - Student Guide to the Impact of Loans on Mental Health.
- https://www.testing.com/medicare-covered-preventative-screenings-resource/ - This comprehensive resource lists all health tests and preventive screenings covered by Medicare so you can maximize you benefits.
- https://www.alzheimersupport.com/memory-care/georgia/ - Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists Watkinsville families who have loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- https://startyourrecovery.org/ - Through this important resource, individuals can hear stories from people with similar life experiences, discover the answers they need for recognizing and dealing with substance misuse, and locate support.
- georgiarentalassistance.ga.gov - The Georgia Rental Assistance program website can answer basic questions regarding eligibility, documents required, and areas serviced.
- https://novoresume.com/career-blog/how-to-find-a-job-after-rehab - A guide with tips to help people find a job after rehab.