The Mayor and Council of the City of Watkinsville agreed that providing a uniform solid waste program for the residents of Watkinsville is in the best interest of the city.
The solid waste collection program offers you, the resident, weekly curbside pickup of household garbage on each Wednesday and weekly leaf and limb curbside pickup as per the schedule.
Cost of Services
There is no cost for solid waste service. This includes garbage as well as leaf and limb pickup. This service is provided to all tax-paying citizens of the City of Watkinsville. This does NOT include recycling services.
Recycling Services - Citizens living within the city limits of Watkinsville may sign up directly with Curbside Services (706-769-1822, email@example.com) for recycling. The fee to participate in the weekly curbside recycling service is $12/month for 2, 20 gallon recycle bins.
- Each resident is to place their household garbage in secured plastic bags and containers (with lids) no larger than 32 gallons.
- Your collection day is Wednesday.
- Please bag all garbage before placing it into any container.
- The containerized and any additional bagged garbage should be placed no further than 5 feet from the curb or roadside before 7 a.m. on the collection day.
- Return garbage containers to your property and off of the city right-of-way within 24 hours of pickup.
Service Questions & Concerns
Call Curbside Services, Inc. if you experience service problems, or if you have questions about what services are provided.
Yard waste will be collected weekly according to location. Curbside Services provides this service. Guidelines are as follows:
- Pickup is limited to a reasonable amount.
- Place limbs and leaves in separate piles by the curb. The leaf vacuum cannot pick up anything but leaves, so please do not include rocks or sticks in your leaf piles.
- Limbs should be 4 inches or less in diameter and no more than 8 feet long. Trim branches so limbs can be fed directly into the chipper.
- Logs and branches over 4 inches in diameter or longer than 8 feet cannot be handled by the city.
- The city will not be responsible for removal of trunks or limbs from trees cut by private contractors. Leaf and limb service is provided by the city to the homeowners as a courtesy.
- The city will not be responsible for removal of dirt, building materials, or stump grindings.
For more information about our Leaf and Limb pickup service, including rules and schedule, please call Curbside Services, Inc.
Oconee County has 6 recycling centers placed throughout the county. The closest centers to Watkinsville are:
- 2001 Greensboro Highway (State Route 15)
- Rankin Road across from Oconee County Middle School
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
1 to 5 p.m.
Curbside Services, Inc. observes 3 major holidays during the year:
- New Years Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
As a rule, all collection services will run one day late for the balance of the week when one of these holidays falls on a Monday through Friday. Trucks may arrive earlier during the holidays. Please place your trash out the night before.